Cream Cheese Bonbons
These pretty coconut-speckled candies are rolled in grated chocolate, but you could also coat them in finely chopped nuts, chocolate sprinkles or jimmies. Beverly Coyde of Gasport, New York substitutes almond extract for the vanilla and chopped toasted almonds for the contest.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute, sugar and
- vanilla until smooth. Stir in coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or
- until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. Refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One bonbon equals 73 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.