Cream Cheese Bonbons Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 73 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Bonbons
"This recipe is so easy to make and so tasty."
"Awesome! the best I ahve ever tasted"
"can I just say awesome! Loved it and will make it again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.