These pretty coconut-speckled candies are rolled in grated chocolate, but you could also coat them in finely chopped nuts, chocolate sprinkles or jimmies. Beverly Coyde of Gasport, New York substitutes almond extract for the vanilla and chopped toasted almonds for the contest.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Bonbons in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p22
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Bonbons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2010
"This recipe is so easy to make and so tasty."
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2010
"Awesome! the best I ahve ever tasted"
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
"can I just say awesome! Loved it and will make it again."