- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into pie shell.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth; stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Blueberry Pie(16)
Sort By :
Super easy to make and delicious. I also double the cream cheese layer. The last time I made it I used an oatmeal pie crust. Yum!
This was very good! I accidentally left out the whipping cream and it still turned out nice. I love graham cracker crust so I used that instead. And instead of the lemon juice I did the zest like someone previously suggested.
OH! I also doubled the cream cheese filling and it was just the right amount.
Good easy recipe. I would do a few things differently next. One would be to reduce the cornstarch. It came out too thick and syrupy for my liking. More like a blueberry pie filling rather than a topping. I'm thinking 2 tablespoons of cornstarch tops. Also, I might replace the lemon juice with lemon zest and add it to the cream cheese mixture instead. The topping is REALLY sweet. And since sugar is being added to the cream cheese, I might reduce the sugar in the topping next time too and leave half of the blueberries out to mix in at the end to result in a more light and fresh blueberry topping. Overall a good recipe but will tweak next time to accommodate my personal preference.
I made this recipe as a gift and was asked for the recipe. I am seventeen years old and I have been cooking for several years...that's the first time that anyone has asked me for my recipe and I was so flattered! Also very versatile; I forgot the lemon juice the second time and it still came out great. Thank you, Taste of Home!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >