Cream Cheese Bells Recipe
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups ground pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add the flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator about 1 hour before rolling.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, butter and egg white; set aside. Divide dough into fourths. On a floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-3/4-in. round cookie cutter.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each circle. Shape into a cone by folding edges of dough to meet over filling. Moisten edges with water and pinch edges together.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Sprinkle cooled cookies with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 203 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Bells
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.