Cream Cheese Asparagus Omelet
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water and asparagus to a boil;
- cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus
- in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. In a
- small bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper
- flakes. Pour into skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, place cream cheese and asparagus over one
- side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-1/2
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Slide onto a plate; cut in half.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.