Cream Cheese Apple Muffins Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into cream cheese mixture just until moistened. Fold in apples and bran flakes.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 194 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Cream Cheese Apple Muffins
"i agree with RD2Cook...i just made these to the exact and my were bland as well, i also made 2 batches because u state to use 1 package of cream cheese.... ya well my 1 package was 8 oz not 3oz like u say to use...either way with 8oz or 3oz of the cream cheese was bland...sorry!"
"Not sure what kind of apples RD2Cook used, or how old his/her cinnamon was, but we did not find these to be bland at all. The cream cheese added a nice texture and the apples made them nice and moist. I accidentally put them in the oven without the melted butter mixed in and had to scoop them out right away, resulting in the topping getting mixed in, but it didn't seem to have any adverse effects. I definitely would make these again."
"I added mini cinnamon chips and the muffins had a delicate cinnamon flavor. Very good!"
"Do not waste your time/ingredients. They do not have any flavor, very bland. I whipped up some apple butter so salvage them so they didn't go to waste. Thumbs down on this one."