Cream Cheese Apple Muffins Recipe
"My husband likes to take these rich moist muffins to work, then warm them up in the microwave for his morning snack," writes Marcia Hill of Byron Center, Michigan. "Our three daughters love them, too. And your home smells wonderful while they're baking."
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into cream cheese mixture just until moistened. Fold in apples and bran flakes.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 196 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Apple Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC