Cream Cheese and Swiss Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Drop a third of the cream cheese by teaspoonfuls over the top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2/3 cup each of Parmesan cheese and Swiss cheese; spoon a third of the remaining sauce over the top. Repeat with layers of noodles, cheeses and sauce twice (dish will be full). Place dish on a baking sheet.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cream Cheese and Swiss Lasagna(38)
Sort By :
I modified this recipe using mushrooms instead of the meat to make it vegetarian. The different cheeses make it an excellent variation of your typical lasagna.
Absolutely loved this recipe. I used Johnsonville sweet italian sausage and added a few slices of provolone. To die for!
my husband and all our friends beg me to make this!!!!
This is delicious! It's also easier than my usual lasagna. I will make this often.
My husband and I both loved this lasagne. This is "our" lasagne recipe now.
It is very rich, so you can't eat too much at a time, but with a nice side salad it is perfect.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >