Cream Cheese 'n' Ham Bagels
“This is a quick meal,” writes Bill Hilbrich of Saint Cloud, Minnesota. “Served with a salad and a cold beverage, it's a nice lunch or a late night snack.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 plain bagels, split and toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place bagels cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet; rub with cut
- sides of garlic. Spread with cream cheese. Top with ham.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese
- is slightly melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 bagel halves (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 378 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,549 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.