- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, sugar, until light and
- fluffy. Beat in the milk mixture, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Cut cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; top with filling. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 323 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.