Cream Cake Dessert Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, dry pudding mix and shortening on low speed until crumbly. Add water and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- 4. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, sugar, until light and fluffy. Beat in the milk mixture, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- 5. Cut cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with filling. Top with remaining cake layer. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 323 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cream Cake Dessert
"This is one of my favorite cakes. It reminds me of a big Twinkie! It's moist, flavorful and just plain delicious. Just be careful, once you start eating it, it's hard to stop."
"I have made this cake many times, and it is always moist. Recently I added a layer of fresh raspberries on top of the cream layer, to give it a pop of flavor, then added the cake layer on top. Delicious!"
"Wonderful cake recipe! I have made this many times."
"Made as base for graduation cake. Everyone loved it and came back for seconds!!!!! Even those on diets!!!!!"
"I make with choc cake, wonderful"
"This is a great dessert for potlucks. Everyone asks for the recipe."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.