Cream and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- Pinch white pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mace and white pepper until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, cream, wine and cooked rice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cream and Wild Rice Soup(1)
Sort By :
The first time I didn't have the rice mix, so cooked my own wild rice and brown rice. Neither did I have wine, so I added a chicken boullion cube. It was good. The second time I added a can of chicken, which made it heartier.