Crazy Quilt Salad Recipe
This sensational bean salad started out with my mother's recipe, which I changed a bit to suit our tastes. The thyme and mustard give it such zest. It's a staple menu item every time our family gets together. — Roseanne Martyniuk, Red Deer, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss gently.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 119 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC