This sensational bean salad started out with my mother's recipe, which I changed a bit to suit our tastes. The thyme and mustard give it such zest. It's a staple menu item every time our family gets together. — Roseanne Martyniuk, Red Deer, Alberta
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Crazy Quilt Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p29
Reviews for Crazy Quilt Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2010
"I have been making this recipe for years now - we love it and it's always a favorite at potlucks. I've been asked for the recipe many times. A winner!"
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2008
"Easy to make and excellent tasting."