This sensational bean salad started out with my mother's recipe, which I changed a bit to suit our tastes. The thyme and mustard give it such zest. It's a staple menu item every time our family gets together. — Roseanne Martyniuk, Red Deer, Alberta
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Crazy Quilt Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p29
Reviews for Crazy Quilt Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2010
"I have been making this recipe for years now - we love it and it's always a favorite at potlucks. I've been asked for the recipe many times. A winner!"
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2008
"Easy to make and excellent tasting."