Crazy-Crust Sausage Pizza Recipe
This tasty pizza from Marie McConnell of Shelbyville, Illinois, has an unusual crepe-like crust. The fast-to-fix entree gets its great flavor from sausage, green pepper, mushrooms and mozzarella.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk, eggs and salt. Grease a 14-in. pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Pour batter into pan, tilting to cover. Spoon sausage mixture over batter; sprinkle with oregano and pepper.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until sauce is heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 slices.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 267 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 869 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC