Crazy-Crust Sausage Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk, eggs and salt. Grease a 14-in. pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Pour batter into pan, tilting to cover. Spoon sausage mixture over batter; sprinkle with oregano and pepper.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until sauce is heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 slices.
1 slice: 267 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Crazy-Crust Sausage Pizza
"This was a delicious recipe and much different from usual pizza crust."
"This is really good! And fun!Next time I will not add the salt. I did add Italian seasoning,onion and garlic powder to the crust dough. And, I will pre-bake the crust before adding the meat - the center of crust was not done enough for me."