Crazy Crust Pizza Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-in. or 14-in. pizza pan. Spoon beef, onion and mushrooms over batter.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with pizza sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake 10-15 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 slice: 363 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Crazy Crust Pizza
"I've made this many times, and like it better with fresh mushrooms, sliced peppers and onions, and often substitute sausage for the beef. One tip, if doubliing the recipe for two pizzas, use only 3 eggs or crust will be a little soggy."
"This was very good - an excellent substitute if you don't have yeast or time to mix up dough for crust. I used a 13x9 pan since I don't have a pizza pan. Since we like crust, I will make double the amount next time. The crust is very thin otherwise."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.