Crazy Crust Pizza
The crust adds its own savory flavor to this pizza. Don't expect any leftoversit's that good!Cynthia Mason, Wamego, Kansas
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain and set aside. In a small bowl,
- combine flour, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, eggs and milk; beat
- until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-in. or
- 14-in. pizza pan. Spoon beef, onion and mushrooms over batter.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with pizza
- sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake 10-15
- minutes longer.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 363 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.