- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-in. or 14-in. pizza pan. Spoon beef, onion and mushrooms over batter.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with pizza sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake 10-15 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Crazy Crust Pizza
Sort By :
I've made this many times, and like it better with fresh mushrooms, sliced peppers and onions, and often substitute sausage for the beef. One tip, if doubliing the recipe for two pizzas, use only 3 eggs or crust will be a little soggy.
This was very good - an excellent substitute if you don't have yeast or time to mix up dough for crust. I used a 13x9 pan since I don't have a pizza pan. Since we like crust, I will make double the amount next time. The crust is very thin otherwise.