Orange, pear, banana, raspberry, grape—the gang’s all here! See if your poolside pals can guess the flavors in one of these summery rainbow pops. —Vikki Spengler, Ocala, Florida
- 1 cup orange-tangerine juice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained and divided
- 1 medium banana, sliced and divided
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 4 drops red food coloring, optional, divided
- 1 cup red raspberry juice
- 1 cup grape juice
- 19 freezer pop molds or 19 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a blender, combine orange-tangerine juice, 3/4 cup pears, a third of the banana slices, yellow food coloring and 1 drop red food coloring if desired; cover and process until smooth. Fill each mold or cup with 1 tablespoon mixture. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a blender, combine raspberry juice, 3/4 cup pears, a third of the banana slices and red food coloring if desired; cover and process until smooth. If using pop molds, remove holders. If using cups, remove foil. Pour raspberry mixture over orange layer. Return holders or foil. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a blender, combine grape juice, remaining pears and remaining banana slices; cover and process until smooth. If using pop molds, remove holders.If using cups, remove foil. Pour grape mixture over tops; return holders or foil. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm. Yield: 19 pops.
Originally published as Crazy-Colored Fruit Pops in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p13
Reviews for Crazy-Colored Fruit Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review