Crawfish-Stuffed Pork Tenderloins Recipe
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails or cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions and green pepper in butter until tender. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Place the croutons in a large bowl; add onion mixture and bouillon mixture. Stir in crawfish tails; set aside.
- 2. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon stuffing over two tenderloins. Top with remaining tenderloins; tie with kitchen string.
- 3. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Brush with half of the molasses. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into meat reads 145°, brushing once with remaining molasses. let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, bouillon and water until smooth. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add mushrooms and browning sauce if desired. Slice pork; serve with gravy. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 207 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Crawfish-Stuffed Pork Tenderloins
"This was very tasty, my husband loved it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.