This is a great main dish to serve to company. The meat is so moist and bakes to a nice golden brown, while the flavorful stuffing inside adds extra color.—Kim Bunting, Colfax, Louisiana
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails or cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onions and green pepper in butter until tender. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Place the croutons in a large bowl; add onion mixture and bouillon mixture. Stir in crawfish tails; set aside.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon stuffing over two tenderloins. Top with remaining tenderloins; tie with kitchen string.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Brush with half of the molasses. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into meat reads 145°, brushing once with remaining molasses. let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, bouillon and water until smooth. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add mushrooms and browning sauce if desired. Slice pork; serve with gravy. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Crawfish-Stuffed Pork Tenderloins in Country October/November 2003, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crawfish-Stuffed Pork Tenderloins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2009
"This was very tasty, my husband loved it!"