Crawfish Pizzas Recipe
- 1/2 cup each chopped green pepper, onion and green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each cayenne pepper, pepper and Cajun seasoning
- 2 pounds crawfish tails, cooked and peeled
- Oil for frying
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onions and garlic in butter until tender. Reduce heat to low. Add the process cheese, cream cheese and mayonnaise; cook and stir until melted. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, parsley, pepper sauce and seasonings. Cook until slightly thickened. Add crawfish. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet. Fry each tortilla for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Spread 1/2 cup crawfish mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Crawfish Pizzas
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.