- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed or cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, red pepper, green onions and celery in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the cheese, cream, jalapeno and salt; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Stir fettuccine and crawfish into the vegetable mixture. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crawfish Fettuccine
"I've made this dish several times over the years and it is very tasty. I use shrimp instead of crawfish. I also use Pepper Jack cheese instead of Velveeta (because I have an allergy to Annatto, the dye used in Velveeta). An excellent casserole!"
"Good, but needed some acid to cut the creaminess."
"This is so good! Crawfish can get expensive so sometimes i use shrimp or i combine crawfish and shrimp. I've made this recipe several times and the only thing i change is i only use about 1 cup of butter."
"I live in Louisiana, and this recipe is really a "taste of home"."
"We made this for a bikers pot luck and I received great reviews. Crawfish were hard to find so we used langoustine lobster tails and it was great!"
"Awesome recipe!Tastes like a dish you would get at a fine cajun restaurant! I use 2lbs. crawfish instead of 1 1/2lbs."
"This recipe was delicious! I thought the butter was alot but the sauce ended up so thick and creamy and not overly cheesy that we though it could be served with crackers as a dip!"