Crawfish Fettuccine Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed or cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, red pepper, green onions and celery in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the cheese, cream, jalapeno and salt; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Stir fettuccine and crawfish into the vegetable mixture. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crawfish Fettuccine(6)
Sort By :
I live in Louisiana, and this recipe is really a "taste of home".
We made this for a bikers pot luck and I received great reviews. Crawfish were hard to find so we used langoustine lobster tails and it was great!
Awesome recipe!Tastes like a dish you would get at a fine cajun restaurant! I use 2lbs. crawfish instead of 1 1/2lbs.
This recipe was delicious! I thought the butter was alot but the sauce ended up so thick and creamy and not overly cheesy that we though it could be served with crackers as a dip!