Crawfish Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup crawfish tail meat, cooked
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in jalapenos; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and remaining oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in the corn, cheese, green onions, crawfish and reserved jalapeno mixture. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 232 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Crawfish Corn Bread
"Very good. Have made this over the years, but lost recipe. Thanks"
"This is very good. I have also had crawfsh stuffing. Does anyone have a recipe for this?"
"Very good! This bread is a real conversation-maker. The first time people taste it, they want to know the "secret" flavor."