Cransational Breakfast Drink
In her Perryville, Missouri kitchen, Amanda Schafer whips up this colorful beverage at breakfast time. "The refreshing smoothie is fast treat on any morning," she says.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ice cubes
- In a blender, place half of the orange juice, bananas, cranberries,
- milk, sugar and ice cubes; cover and process until smooth. Pour into
- a pitcher or chilled glasses. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 121 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.