Cranbrosia Gelatin Mold Recipe
Guests "ooh" and "aah" when I bring out this fancy fruit-filled ring. Garnished with mint, sugared cranberries and mandarin oranges, it's one brunch show stopper that's pretty enough to serve as a dessert! —Gladys McCollum Abee, McKee, KY
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely ground
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine cranberries and sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Drain juice from oranges and pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. Cup pineapple into small pieces. Set fruit aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over reserved juice; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add to cranberry mixture; stir in the oranges and pineapple. Fold in sour cream.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into fruit mixture. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold or 12 individual molds lightly coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 215 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cranbrosia Gelatin Mold
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2008
"try with strawberries"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC