Guests "ooh" and "aah" when I bring out this fancy fruit-filled ring. Garnished with mint, sugared cranberries and mandarin oranges, it's one brunch show stopper that's pretty enough to serve as a dessert! —Gladys McCollum Abee, McKee, KY
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely ground
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine cranberries and sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Drain juice from oranges and pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. Cup pineapple into small pieces. Set fruit aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over reserved juice; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add to cranberry mixture; stir in the oranges and pineapple. Fold in sour cream.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into fruit mixture. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold or 12 individual molds lightly coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranbrosia Gelatin Mold in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p16
Reviews for Cranbrosia Gelatin Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2008
"try with strawberries"