Cranberry Zucchini Wedges Recipe
I try to slip zucchini into as many dishes as possible. These cake wedges have wonderful flavor and a tender texture, and are pretty, too - with bits of pineapple, cranberries and zucchini. They're great for brunch.—Redawna Kalynchuk, Sexsmith, Alberta
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup tightly packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (save remaining juice for another use). Place the pineapple and reserved juice in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla, pineapple mixture; stir into the dry ingredients until blended. Fold in the zucchini, cranberries and nuts.
- 3. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 cakes (8 wedges each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 354 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Zucchini Wedges
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC