Cranberry Zucchini Bread Recipe
Nutmeg and cinnamon add spice to these flavorful loaves from Alice Manzo of South Easton, Massachusetts. The flecks of green zucchini and red cranberries give each slice a festive look that's just right for the holidays.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredient. In another bowl, beat eggs; add zucchini, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts. Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 174 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC