Nutmeg and cinnamon add spice to these flavorful loaves from Alice Manzo of South Easton, Massachusetts. The flecks of green zucchini and red cranberries give each slice a festive look that's just right for the holidays.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredient. In another bowl, beat eggs; add zucchini, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts. Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Cranberry Zucchini Bread in Quick Cooking December 2000, p38
Reviews for Cranberry Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review