The use of yogurt instead of oil makes these muffins moist. And the cranberries and orange peel provide lots of flavor. With such great taste, no one will ever guess that they're so easy to prepare!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder baking soda and salt. Gently fold in yogurt and milk just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Yogurt Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p77
Reviews for Cranberry Yogurt Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review