"I adapted a raisin bread recipe to make this wonderful, slightly sweet loaf," informs Sandy Hunt of Racine, Wisconsin. "The combination of tart dried cranberries and aromatic orange peel gives it fun flavor."
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add cranberries and orange peel. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Originally published as Cranberry Yeast Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p33
Reviews for Cranberry Yeast Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review