- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add cranberries and orange peel. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Reviews for Cranberry Yeast Bread
Sort By :
"I want to make this, but I don't have a bread machine. Please help! Thanks!"
"I made this exactly as the recipe is written and it was WONDERFUL. I wouldn't change a thing."
"I make a delish orange cranberry yeast bread for the Holidays. The only thing I do differently is to substitute about 1/2 cup of orange juice for the water and follow the directions. I also add a tsp. of vanilla. Makes a delicious tasting bread! Cam"
"I have been making this every year since it was first published. I have to make a double batch since my MIL loves it so much too! It is just as good when I substitute about 1½ cups of white whole wheat flour for added nutrition. I have made this in standard loaves, mini loaves, and knotted rolls. It always turns out fabulous and there are never any crumbs left!"
"This turned out to be my Mother-in-Law's favorite - I make it often and it always turns out perfect!"