Cranberry Wild Rice Recipe
Nuts are a wonderful source of protein and nutrition so I look for ways to add them to all of my dishes. The addition of cranberries in this recipe makes it perfect for fall.—Dawn Bryant, Thedford, Nebraska
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, cranberries and thyme in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain rice if needed; stir in onion mixture and pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 238 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC