Cranberry Wild Rice Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, cranberries and thyme in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain rice if needed; stir in onion mixture and pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 238 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Wild Rice
"This was a really delicious side dish I made for Christmas. My sister-in-law is gluten free, and I am always looking for recipes she can enjoy. The combination of ingredients were very good, and easy to put together."
"I love the flavors in this dish. I made it with a wild rice blend rather than just wild rice."
"\yes for it was great"