Cranberry Wild Rice Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, cranberries and thyme in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain rice if needed; stir in onion mixture and pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 238 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Wild Rice
"I love the flavors in this dish. I made it with a wild rice blend rather than just wild rice."
"\yes for it was great"