Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Rinse and drain rice; place in a saucepan. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in barley, cranberries, currants and butter. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt/ baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add almonds and fluff with a fork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf(4)
Sort By :
Good idea with the combination of flavors, but this was an epic fail. The rice never got done! If we make this again, we will FULLY cook the rice separately on the cook top before mixing it with the other ingredients.
Only con is the length of time is takes to make...pro is that the oven does that work though ;) I make this a lot, especially when we have salmon for dinner. It's delicious!
Well, I liked it but not most of my family.
This dish became a Thanksgiving traditional side dish when I first started my family. It's remained a staple eleven years later. It's a beautifully delicious side dish and easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >