- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a saucepan, combine wild rice and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in barley, currants and butter. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, until rice is tender, 50-60 minutes. Stir in almonds and cranberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf
"Good idea with the combination of flavors, but this was an epic fail. The rice never got done! If we make this again, we will FULLY cook the rice separately on the cook top before mixing it with the other ingredients."
"Only con is the length of time is takes to make...pro is that the oven does that work though ;) I make this a lot, especially when we have salmon for dinner. It's delicious!"
"Well, I liked it but not most of my family."