- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup raspberry liqueur
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and vanilla. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- In a small bowl, whisk cranberry sauce and raspberry liqueur until smooth.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl. Spread with half of the cranberry mixture; top with half of the custard. Repeat layers. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe over top. Yield: 14 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Cranberry-White Chocolate Trifle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p159
Reviews for Cranberry-White Chocolate Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2014
was a hit at our family dinner!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Trifle >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Trifle >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Custard Recipes >
- Desserts >