- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the white chocolate, cranberries, nuts and lemon peel.
- On a floured surface, divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry-White Chocolate Biscotti
"This is a fairly easy recipe to make, and they are delicious! I substituted slivered almonds for the macadamia nuts."
"This sounds really good, but I have one question: Are craisins dried cranberries? If not, where in the grocery store do I look for dried cranberries?"