Cranberry-Walnut White Fudge for a Crowd Recipe
After discovering this nutty white fudge in a church cookbook, I modified the recipe a bit to make it my own. The bright red cranberries look festive for the Christmas season.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:64 servings
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cook, without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes, without stirring. Add vanilla. With a wooden spoon, beat until mixture begins to lose its gloss, about 10 minutes. Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into prepared pan; refrigerate until firm.
- 3. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC