- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cook, without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes, without stirring. Add vanilla. With a wooden spoon, beat until mixture begins to lose its gloss, about 10 minutes. Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into prepared pan; refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Cranberry-Walnut White Fudge in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p156
Reviews for Cranberry-Walnut White Fudge for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review