Cranberry-Walnut Upside-Down Apple Pie Recipe
No one will ever guess this gooey treat wasn't made from scratch. The foil pie pan makes it easy to transfer the pie to a serving plate for a company-worthy presentation.Susan Scarborough, Fernandina Beach, Florida
- 1 package (37 ounces) frozen apple pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Vanilla ice cream
- Bake pie according to package directions. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes or until warm.
- Invert pie onto an ovenproof serving plate or foil-lined baking pan. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the brown sugar, cream and syrup; cook and stir until smooth. Stir in the cranberries, walnuts and rosemary; pour over inverted pie.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until bubbly and walnuts begin to brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Walnut Upside-Down Apple Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p99
Reviews for Cranberry-Walnut Upside-Down Apple Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cranberry Pie >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Apple Pie >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >