Cranberry Walnut Tart Recipe
- TART SHELL:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon water, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles very coarse crumbs. Add egg and stir lightly with fork just until mixture forms a ball, adding the water if necessary. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2. Grease a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press chilled pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of pan. Line pastry shell with foil; fill with pie weights, raw rice or beans to prevent shrinkage. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Remove weights and bake another 5 minutes. Cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar, syrup, eggs, butter and peel in a large bowl; set aside. Place walnuts and cranberries in bottom of tart; pour sugar mixture into pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden, edge of filling is firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 266 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Tart
"I am looking for the other Cranberry Walnut Tart recipe with a crust on top in the Taste of HOme Magazine"