Cranberry-Walnut Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in cranberries, syrup, cranberry juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until berries pop, stirring occasionally. Stir in walnuts and mustard; heat through.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half; sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Top with cranberry mixture; sprinkle with chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Walnut Sweet Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
This was a big hit and the sauce was outstanding
The cranberry mixture is delicious, but I thought that it overwhelmed the taste of the sweet potato. Maybe I'm a sweet potato purist. I like the cranberry mixture as a condiment for grilled chicken, instead.
It's way too tart for my taste. I added lots of brown sugar before serving.
Made this Christmas 2009, and I am pretty sure this will be a traditional dish at my house for Christmas every year. Its delicious!
I made these for Thanksgiving and myfamily loved them so mych I made them for Christmas as well. They are easy and delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Condiments >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Sauce Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >