Cranberry Walnut Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This tasty bread is perfect for a Thanksgiving meal or any time of the year. I plant pumpkins in my garden, and this is one of my favorite ways to use them.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs and butter. Combine dry ingredients; stir into pumpkin mixture. Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 201 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC