Cranberry Walnut Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs and butter. Combine dry ingredients; stir into pumpkin mixture. Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 201 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Pumpkin Bread
"This turned out fabulous! I don't like canned pumpkin so I used the fresh I keep stocked in my freezer. I thaw it in a strainer so the excess water drains out without squeezing it. Use the same amount as in recipe."
"I have been making this recipe during the holidays for several years, since it was first printed in the magazine, and my family always gets excited when they see it in the refrigerator. I use either fresh or frozen cranberries, and do not chop them - just use them whole. I gave my mother a loaf, and she called to say she just had to have that recipe!"
"This is a very food recipe though I used fresh cranberries and my children found them too tart. I thought the contrast of the sweet and tart was wonderful, but next time I make it I'll try it with craisins instead only because my children may like it better."