Cranberry Walnut Pie Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place cranberries in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in brown sugar, walnuts, melted butter, flour, orange peel and salt.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling.
- 3. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches): Combine 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/2 tsp. salt; cut in 1 cup cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add 1/3 to 2/3 cup ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half and shape into disks; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
1 piece: 672 calories, 38g fat (19g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Pie
"So delicious and different. This was a hit at my pie party. I have given out the recipe many times!!"