Cranberry Walnut Pie
Here’s a wonderful dessert for Christmas or Thanksgiving. With ruby-red color and a golden lattice crust, this pie looks as good as it tastes. —Diane Everett, Dunkirk, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cranberries in a food processor;
- cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl;
- stir in brown sugar, walnuts, butter, flour, orange peel and salt.
- Roll out half of pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to
- pie plate. Pour filling into crust. Roll out remaining pastry; make
- a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely
- with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes or until filling is
- bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 550 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.