Here’s a wonderful dessert for Christmas or Thanksgiving. With ruby-red color and a golden lattice crust, this pie looks as good as it tastes. —Diane Everett, Dunkirk, New York
Featured In: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cranberries in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in brown sugar, walnuts, melted butter, flour, orange peel and salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Walnut Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p46
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2015
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2015
"So delicious and different. This was a hit at my pie party. I have given out the recipe many times!!"