Cranberry Walnut Pie Recipe
Here’s a wonderful dessert for Christmas or Thanksgiving. With ruby-red color and a golden lattice crust, this pie looks as good as it tastes. —Diane Everett, Dunkirk, New York
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cranberries in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in brown sugar, walnuts, butter, flour, orange peel and salt.
- Roll out half of pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plate. Pour filling into crust. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Walnut Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p46
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2013
WOW! Great pie and the flavors blend beautiful! I made this for Easter dinner (had cranberries frozen from December). You definitely want to use "brown" sugar and not white. Would recommend this pie highly!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >