Cranberry Walnut Pie Recipe
Here’s a wonderful dessert for Christmas or Thanksgiving. With ruby-red color and a golden lattice crust, this pie looks as good as it tastes. —Diane Everett, Dunkirk, New York
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cranberries in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in brown sugar, walnuts, melted butter, flour, orange peel and salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Walnut Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p46
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2013
WOW! Great pie and the flavors blend beautiful! I made this for Easter dinner (had cranberries frozen from December). You definitely want to use "brown" sugar and not white. Would recommend this pie highly!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >