Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Top servings with cinnamon-sugar, cranberry sauce and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 293 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal
"Seriously??? Buy several bags of fresh cranberries in November or December and freeze them. VOILA -- fresh cranberries all year long. Less sugar, no high fructose corn syrup, no leaching from the inside of a tin can"