My family loves cranberries but we can only get them fresh during the holiday season. This recipe lets us enjoy the tartness of cranberry with the comfort of oatmeal all-year long. —Teena Petrus, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats.
- Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Top servings with
- cinnamon-sugar, cranberry sauce and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 293 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.