- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add orange juice concentrate, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Walnut Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p45
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review