Cranberry-Walnut Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
“I made these simple-yet-special sandwiches for a birthday party,” notes Shannon Tucker of Land O' Lakes, Florida. “Tangy cranberries and crunchy celery pep up the chicken. Leftover turkey works well, too.”
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 16 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Stir in the chicken, cheese, celery, cranberries, walnuts and parsley.
- 2. Place lettuce on eight slices of bread; top each with 1/2 cup chicken salad and remaining bread. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC