- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place Brussels sprouts in pan, cut side down; cook 4-5 minutes or until bottoms are browned.
- Add cranberries and water; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Stir in walnuts; cook and stir until water is evaporated. Stir in vinegar. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Walnut Brussels Sprouts
"We loved this side dish! It's "elegant". I toasted the nuts to bring out more flavor and to crisp them up a bit. I will be making this again."
"These are awesome!! Great side dish. I don't usually eat brussel sprouts, but these are delicious!!"
"For the first time EVER my family ate brussel sprouts! I was naughty and added bacon, but what a wonderful recipe! THANK YOU!"
"We loved this! My husband said these were the best Brussels sprouts he has had, and my son had thirds. Loved the combination of flavors, the cranberries really add to the dish. I think a good balsamic is key here as well."
"Mmmm - mmmm, good. Couldn't wait to eat the leftovers, even great cold!"
"Made this 3 days ago & had to go online for the recipe to make it again for family on vacation. Had to create this account to start reviewing because totally disagree with the bad review. I'm not generally a big fan of Brussel sprouts but these were great. I did add a little chopped crisp bacon."
"Looks pretty, but really no flavor to this. Very bland."
"Great recipe! My family enjoyed this dish; even my husband who typically does not eat Brussels sprouts liked it!"