Cranberry Walnut Bread Recipe
This family favorite comes from a collection of Amish recipes. I gave the recipe to several friends, and everyone loves it. Loaded with cranberries, nuts and cinnamon flavor, it's perfect for fall and winter.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add walnuts and cranberries. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC