This family favorite comes from a collection of Amish recipes. I gave the recipe to several friends, and everyone loves it. Loaded with cranberries, nuts and cinnamon flavor, it's perfect for fall and winter.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add walnuts and cranberries. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Cranberry Walnut Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p32
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review