A chocolate drizzle lends a little sweetness to biscotti loaded with walnuts and dried cranberries. Before your family has a chance to eat them all, wrap some up to give as gifts!—Joan Duckworth, Lee's Summit, Missouri
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cranberries (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, with lightly floured hands, shape each half into a 10x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Walnut Biscotti in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p120
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review