Cranberry Walnut Biscotti Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cranberries (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, with lightly floured hands, shape each half into a 10x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Walnut Biscotti(5)
Sort By :
Made these to take to work. Everyone loved them.
Best compliment, coworker's Italian Dad would bring same kind home from neighborhood bakery, and she liked these better. Very Yummy. :-)
Mmmm.... At first the dough was a little crumbly like pie crust, but I added a bit more vanilla for moisture and worked it in with my hands, then shaped the two rectangles. The abundance of fruit and nuts counteracts the dry-ness of my biscotti memories, and the chocolate drizzle adds just the right touch! I'll definitely make these again. Mmmmm.....
Ok just got done making these. To be honest with you I thought they where going to be dry. They sound it but they are not. I did not make any changes yet but I will experiment soon.
The dough was not sticky because there is no oil or butter in the recipe. It was crumbly like a pie dough. Would not make it again!
I absolutely love biscotti, any kind especially with nuts chocolate,and cranberrys.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cranberry Cookies >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >