Cranberry Walnut Bars
This recipe was given to me by a friend. My family enjoys these bars as is or topped with ice cream.
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and
- cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries and
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 127 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium,