Cranberry Walnut Bars Recipe
This recipe was given to me by a friend. My family enjoys these bars as is or topped with ice cream.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 127 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC